Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Recapping Past Numerology

Laying in bed next to my poor, feverish 2 year old this morning, I realized that I last weighed myself on February 13. It was 155.8 for whatever that is worth. Wow, I daresay this is the longest I have gone without weighing myself since last July. Progress! I've been dancing around with various blogging adventures and pseudonyms in good anonymous 12 step form, but for new followers and lurkers alike ... I started at 173 on March 2, 2011 when I realized in my step work that I was in a point in my recovery to address my lifelong issues with food. Last August I got as low as 147 but it was already seeming very hard to maintain that number without a lot of deprivation. The body felt REALLY damn good, but the brain did not. September I maintained at the same. Then nearing the end of October, low and behold deprivation was leading to me battling the binge cycles which is where I hung out ever since. I think my happy weight is around 150 so I am not too far off from that but really the number is a number and I know the feeling that I have when I am serene with food ... I feel close to it today. So, for TODAY, seeing a higher-than-I-like number would definitely set me back.

I feel like I need a 9 day chip for abstinence from weighing myself. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment